MIDWEST NEW DIRECTIONS CONFERENCE AT GATEWAY CENTER ON JUNE 14 & 15
Gateway Center is hosting the Midwest New Directions Conference on June 14 & 15. This event is anticipated to bring 520 educators to Collinsville by an outreach of the Area 5 Regional Offices of Education (ROE #3, ROE #40, ROE #41, ROE #45 & ROE # 50). The philosophy and purpose is to provide the most current and relevant professional development at the lowest possible costs for educators by bringing the biggest and best names in education to present on the most up-to-date and relevant topics. This intensive and focused training provides the best opportunity for educators to improve their practice.
The organizers of this group are encouraging out of town participants to make this a family destination by staying in Collinsville hotels and visiting our local attractions, such as: Gateway Fun Park, Uptown Collinsville, Splash City, Cahokia Mounds, as well as offering a teacher’s appreciate night at the St. Louis Cardinal’s game on June 14.
Please welcome the group attendees next Monday – Wednesday, additional information can be found at: http://newdirectionseducation.weebly.com/location.html
GATEWAY CENTER CONVENTION INFORMATION
Those who plan conventions large and small have found that both the city of Collinsville and Gateway Center accommodate their gatherings in more ways than one. Whether it’s the 800 hotel rooms, the 50,000 square feet of flexible meeting and exhibition space, the wide range of restaurants, the family-oriented attractions or the proximity to big city amenities, your attendees will rave about their experience.
Gateway Center offers:
- Flexible Space
- Ample free parking for all attending your convention
- Ovations Food Services provides delicious in-house cuisine, click here to view MENUS
- Non Union convention facility with affordable pricing and packages
- Modern technology and amenities with a state of the art in house AV department
- Easy accessibility for set up and tear down “Vendors love our logistics”
- Convenient access to five major interstate highways with a safe small-town atmosphere
- Lodging within walking distance of the convention center so overnight guests can find single and family units, from economy to full-service properties. Several of the hotels feature swimming pools, restaurants and other amenities.
- To facilitate large group accommodations, the professional staff at Gateway Center can provide housing assistance, spouse programs, special events and registration material.
- In addition to convenient lodging, Gateway Center is close to many American and ethnic restaurants, nightclubs, a horse racing track a water park and the world-class historical attraction, Cahokia Mounds. You can access www.discovercollinsville.com for more information about the area.
- We are conveniently located within 12 minutes of St Louis with many attractions and historical places to visit.
Come see why Gateway Center is the great place to gather for conventions!
Download the Gateway Center Event Planner Guide