GatewayConvention Center’s statement regarding COVID-19
March 16, 2020
With direction from the Governor of the state of Illinois, all Gateway Convention Center all events shall be cancelled effective immediately through May 11, 2020. Beyond the date of May 11, 2020, event cancellations are at the discretion of the event organizer.
The GCC is aware the COVID-19 outbreak is evolving rapidly, and we are taking precautionary steps to maintain and monitor building cleanliness for our guests. The health and safety of our clients, guests, visitors and employees continues to be a top priority. GCC actively follows Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO)recommendations, and we maintain close contact with the City of Collinsville as well as city/county and state health departments. GCC recommends guests stay informed on COVID-19. As of right now, the Gateway Convention Center (GCC) is closed to all external visitors until May 11, 2020.
Recommendations for the general public to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 are as follows:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For guests and visitors: GCC encourages good personal hygiene habits by providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the venue. They are in high-traffic areas. These units are re-supplied overnight and throughout the day, if needed. Should someone with symptoms of a virus be identified or self-report upon entering the facility, GCC suggests bringing that individual to attention of the venue management.
For our employees: GCC staff receives ongoing training and updates about public health concerns and adheres to thorough cleaning protocol in high-touch areas. GCC has also posted signage to remind staff of everyday precautions.